Hi, I'm Sidra Ansari, a freelance writer and teacher. Get in touch today to see how we can work together to make your dreams come true! I am a: Teacher|Blogger|Content Writer|Ghostwriter|Manuscript Feedback|Newsletters|E-Books|
Attract clients and/or other businesses. Let me do the writing for you so you’re free to follow your passion! 🔥💪🏽 Schedule a no-obligation FREE consultation to see how best I can help you. I look forward to hearing from you! Peace and love x
According to the UK divorce statistics in the 2019, 44% of marriages end in divorce. It’s no secret that less people around the world are now willing to make this ultimate lifetime commitment with that one special person. Many decide to co-habit instead.
However, women around the world still value the proposal of marriage as a sign that they will be loved forever.
While people claim to have the secret ingredient to a long and healthy marriage, it’s fair to say that the truth lies in the fact that it is the consequence of numerous factors.
The initial reason why people decide to get married it huge. But also, one’s idea of their purpose in life makes a big difference.
For example, if you believe that this life is given to you in order to enjoy yourself then why would you compromise or endure hardships? Why should you accept a person who is not the person you thought he was?
A modern woman plays a myriad of roles, both within the household and outside. Why is it then, that marriage advice is usually directed at women? Why must they be the ones to work hard at the marriage?
Well, my take on it is this. A woman wants a fulfilling relationship. She is looking for a companion, a friend, a confidante and a hard-working partner. In order to get what she desires she has a choice now; to read some books and to ask those who have experience in these matters so she can get what she desires or put up with what she has!
Do you know a woman who’s willing to put up with what she has when there’s a chance she can change her man into a dream husband?!
No. Me neither!
So she is the one most likely willing to learn something new to change things round.
I might be wrong. If you’re a man reading this, challenge me!
Even religious couples these days have not had any luck in beating the statistics. However I have many friends who have been hugely successful on this front.
I asked them for their top 5 tips to take your marriage to the next level, and here they are:
Communication is the key to a good relationship. When you’re not happy, be sure to let your husband know. Wait for a time when you're both relaxed, calm and not likely to be distracted and try to keep 'blame' out of the conversation.
How you speak to your husband helps too. For example ‘I need you to take the children out sometimes...’ rather than ‘Take them all out! Now!’ will make a huge difference in the response you receive.
Also try to turn conversations around to remain positive...’We miss you’ rather than ‘Why are you always out?’ really helps. Begin sentences with the pronouns 'I' and 'we' and you should be off to a good start.
Express your desires. Don’t be afraid to tell your husband exactly what you want. Remember, he is not a mind-reader!“Your husband really wants you to be happy. When you’re happy, he feels successful as a husband and as a man.
― Laura Doyle (Author of ‘Surrendered Wife)
One of my friends swears by the fact that the key to a successful marriage is being allowed a Sunday Lie-in every week! Her husband wants her to be happy. Happy Mama; Happy household.
Think about what makes him happy too. If trips to the gym and no-guilt time with his family and friends is what he needs, give him time and space to do that. He’ll appreciate it.
To be open to intimacy, be it physical or spiritual, is so important.
To spend time in silence, reflecting, reading or even meditating together will strengthen your relationship. On the physical side, to be open to a kiss and a cuddle and maybe something more will make you feel more connected and act like helium to lift your relationship.
This openness will mean that there will be no fear of rejection. Be honest about (and try to communicate!) your desires and needs here; the payoffs will speak for themselves.
Try to keep things fresh in the bedroom, similar to how you would dress up for 'date nights', pencil certain days, dates in your diary and prepare in advance for it (doing this secretly would work beautifully).
And also remember to be spontaneous too! Remember to remain 'open' even if it isn't the right day! Make your time special and important. You'll both be thankful for this connectedness once the children have grown and flown the nest. Your time invested now will mean you'll have a companion for life in the years to come.
3. LOVE LANGUAGES
Gary Chapman named 5 Love Languages in his book and if you visit his website, you can take a quiz to help you decide which ones best fit yours.
The idea behind these love languages is really profound and actually has the potential to change one's whole relationship around. In a nutshell, Chapman states there are 5 Love 'Languages'. They are:Words of affirmation Acts of service Receiving gifts Quality time Physical touch
The key here is that if your spouse speaks a different language to yourself, you may not feel loved and vice versa therefore it's so important to be aware of their Love Language so you show them love in a way that they understand and then they can also reciprocate. Find out more take a look at the 5lovelanguages.com
4. DUCT TAPE
This is an idea swiped from Laura Doyle’s fabulous book ‘The Surrendered Wife’. Duct tape is very useful for a woman who cannot stop criticising her husband. The idea here is to simply not talk. If you can’t say something positive, just keep your mouth closed. It may surprise you how much this helps to lift the mood at home.
5. Learn more!
I highly recommend:
· Men Are from Mars, Women Are from Venus by John Gray
· Fascinating Womanhood by Helen Andelin
· Surrendered Wife by Laura Doyle
· The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman
As you can see there are lots of ways to revive a marriage. I hope you’ve learned something new. The books I have recommended do not have all the answers but they provide a fantastic place at which to begin. Marriage is a partnership and you both need to want to make it work for you to get through and make it successful.
Remind yourself of why you got together in the first place. Who were you then? Sometimes, it’s hard to admit but, it’s your own expectations which have changed.
Reassess what you want and need from your marriage and write it down like a checklist.
Go through each point, one by one, and decide how much you need your spouse to help you achieve your collective goals.
Step number 1 above was to communicate. And I think great communication is the essence of every relationship. Big and small.
Do you agree?
When building a website for a client, it is super important to optimise key words and to create tantalising copy that converts and engages audiences. However, one thing that never fails to surprise a client is that the number of likes is non-consequential.Why is this the case?
1. Likes don’t necessarily equal conversions or sales! Around 10% of people who like something will follow it up. The best thing you can do is to have a presence. Be there. Tell people what you do, so that if they ever need your help they know where to find you.
2. Focus on quality. Change your mindset and focus on the quality of the content that you put out there. Publish content that is genuine and useful. Maybe you’ll realise that helping one person or influencing one person to change their perspective is enough to keep you going!
3. Do it for your passion. A business isn’t built on likes, but rather it’s built on sharing something that you love. Many times people have told me that their passion hasn’t made them enough money to give up their day job! I say, does it really matter? Are monetary gains your only motivation? If you stop doing something because you’re not making money from it (at first), I would question whether you have chosen the right subject or area of interest in the first place. When you go beyond monetary gains, you continue until it ignites a spark within you. That, my friends is when the real learning begins. The results will flow naturally after that.
4. You are worthy regardless of likes. Seeking validation from others through likes and comparing yourself to other brands and companies can be a slippery slope. Think about why you are doing this and how it makes you feel. When the number of likes decline, remind yourself that you are unique and amazing. Lack of positive interaction on social media shouldn’t have the power to change that. Mental health is important. Healthy interactions form a huge part of self-worth. Repeat after me I Am Worthy! If this doesn’t work, maybe a digital detox is the key to bring this message home.
5. Keep going! One great piece of advice I received was to continue no matter what. Stats will naturally go up and down. Constantly checking them won’t do a thing to change them. They are what they are. Yes, it’s great to know people are reacting to your message and interacting with you but if one day, they decide to stop, how will that affect you? If you wake up tomorrow and the internet is gone, please tell me that you’d find another way- that you’d carry on regardless. Because the value you give to your followers translates into the real world. Don’t ever forget that!What’s the solution?
The key to social media conversions today is to prompt meaningful conversations. People can see right through superficial marketing strategies. The real way to make a difference is to genuinely care about your client. Be yourself. Show you care. And keep going. Right that’s it from me.
Freelance writer, author and teacher
P.S Are you fed up of churning out valuable info day after day that doesn’t convert to sales?
Writing new content and thinking up new strategies is time consuming. It’s frustrating to see all your hard work go by the wayside.
Need engaging copy that converts?
Contact me for a no-risk consultation today. Let's talk!
The internet is changing every day and you have to keep up with the demands of the market. Nowadays, it’s not enough to get someone to simply click to your content- you have to get them to read it. And then keep on reading.
Valuable content and loyalty is key. But how is this possible when only 55% of people who click onto your site only stay for more than a few seconds at a time?
A sharper headline has never had so much riding on it. A creative hook to grab your readers’ attention means more revenue for you.
Focus on valuable content. The longer the length, the more revenue it will make for you. This is where long-form content comes in. If you get your reader to stay on your site for more than 3 minutes, it actually increases the probability of them coming back for more. Value leads to loyalty which leads to more revenue. This makes sense, right? The sites with the most useful content should make the most money!
Right, with this in mind, let’s get to the tricks that will make your copy stand out and hook the reader in those crucial first few seconds.
1. Use Copywriting Formulae. Do not be afraid to use the age-old tried and tested methods. Copywriting has existed for centuries and the old formulae still work a treat. Take a look at these formulae and apply them to the pages that you write. You will no longer feel frustration and fatigue hit you while looking at a blank screen again!
2. Use Emotive Language. Learn to evoke emotions through using powerful language that has been proven to excite and engage readers. Read through a whole list of over 800 words here. Don’t forget, it’s still so important to create valuable content on your website. Just recognise the power of the words that you use!
3. Be Concise. The attention span of a human is now less than the 9 seconds of the notorious goldfish. The digital revolution has decreased the attention span of an average adult by spades. It has never been more important to stick to the point in your message. Get to the crux of your message quicker to keep the attention of your reader.
4. Use Copywriting Tools. The internet has several wonderful tools that will help you to grab readers’ attention by using the right power words to hook them in with a great headline and to achieve the correct reading age. The average reading age of a reader is Grade 4 or age 9. The Hemingway app helps you to assess this by giving you a readability score. It also flags sentences that are difficult to read. Simply copy and paste your text on the page to get going. Your copy will be clear and concise once you’ve finished here. You’re welcome!
5. Proofread: Wait before you publish your content. Now, before I began to write professionally on my blog, I was notorious for hitting the publish button before my content was quite ready. I would get messages from my close friends and family pointing out typos and minor errors in my writing. Now I come from a family of teachers and I have friends who are clever and notice the smallest thing, but it still taught me a lesson. My work needed time to breathe before I came back to it with fresh eyes to proofread it again. Of course, apps like Grammarly help, as do your normal spell checking features on your computer.
Give yourself a chance in this dynamic environment. Learn to write engaging copy that converts or get someone to do it for you! If you need a hand with this, get in touch today a no-obligation FREE consultation.
The internet is a busy place- full of noisy ads and provocative content. Content writers are in a continuous battle for your attention. Stand out by creating an original title.Here are 7 ways to create that fab headline:
1. It must be engaging and grab the reader's attention. It is the first sentence your reader will see. Make it count!
2. Make a promise to the readers and then make sure your headline delivers. Your post should answer the issue addressed in your headline. For example, if there’s a headline with a promise, “Learn 6 Proven Benefits a Staycation”, this post should tell you these proven strategies. Share your most valuable content all the time. Quality and quantity both count! The more you post high quality content, the more recurring visitors you’ll get. Brand loyalty depends on this.
3. Use numbers in your title and make a list post. People love numbers and it gets them to sit up and take notice! Many of the most-read blog posts’ headlines begin like this. Clear points and targets can be seen and readers appreciate a numbered post so they know exactly what they are getting. These list posts are easier to read too if someone is in a rush. The first words used next to each number summarise the whole point. Then it is up to the reader if they’d like to invest more time in reading the post in detail.
4. Begin with a negative word in your headline. Use words like “won’t, avoid, worst” to get people’s attention. It gets them thinking, “I don’t want that happening to me so I better read it to find out more!”
5. Use How To in your title. People absolutely love learning new things (especially if it’s about being better at something). It also signals expertise and insightful content. A ‘How To’ blog post appeals to those readers who wish to better themselves and is usually the first thing that readers type into google if they are stuck.
6. Use websites like headline generator to analyse your heading. This ensures a balanced use of powerful emotive language. This website has over 800 of these words you can download for free.In Conclusion
Pay attention to your headline and the message you are sending out. This is the first thing your reader will see and is likely to affect whether they read your content or not! Focus on hooking the reader, promising something of value and then delivering on that promise. Use the tools available on the internet and you will be onto a winner.
If you need help creating click-worthy content and terrific titles then get in touch today for a free consultation!
Begin the journey of retraining your soul to widen your perspective and to find your way back to your true purpose.
You are a resilient soul. Use beautiful powerful tools given to you by the universe like a journal to focus on the here and now. A daily practice of written affirmations will serve as an empowering reminder of who you are and where you want to be today.
Of course, the most important place to be in this instant is the present! This presence is crucial for your growth and progression. However difficult it is to live in the present when things are far from perfect, it will help you form solutions and the answers will come from places you have never imagined. Own your feelings of guilt or inaptitude and you will attract solutions throughout the day.Here are 5 tips to write a precise journal entry every day to help you visualise exactly how you see yourself fulfilling your potential in the moment you are in.
1. Use the words ‘I am’ to begin each entry. For example, I am here right now; I am in the perfect moment right now.
Close your eyes, take a deep breath and take stock of who you are right now.
2. Present tense – remember that the present is a portal into creativity, connection and infinite love. The Universe, God, Mother Nature (whatever name you wish to use for your Higher Power) has a plan for you. Take a deep breath knowing you are being looked after in every moment.
3. Remain positive.
‘What you seek is seeking you’ Rumi.
Remember that you’re not alone in your quest for fulfilment. Whatever your goal is for today, remind yourself that everything has its particular time. If it doesn’t happen the way you want it in the time you have planned then know that the reality will be better.
4. Be brief. If you remain brief in your daily affirmations, you’re more likely to make this into a daily routine. Be concise and it will help you to remain consistent.
5. Remind yourself to feel gratitude for everything that you have in your life right now. This attitude will help you to remain positive and count your blessings. Your journal entry will help you to focus on the bright side of life and ultimately bring you into the present moment in the best way.
Here is an example of my daily affirmation journal entry for today:
I am strong and capable. I will manage my work and then make time for creativity. I will remember to listen to my body and stop for a rest when I am tired. I have slotted stillness and prayer into my timetable today. I will use this time to be present and mindful.
I will also take time out to recharge my physical energy with exercise. I will be kind to my body and eat nutritious food. In this way my mind, body and soul will be looked after.
I am important. My needs matter.
I am worried that my needs will be pushed aside to accommodate others’ needs. I must work through this and make time for myself in a respectful and positive way.
I will work with my Higher Power today to unlock the door to true self-love and self-belief. I trust that the universe will give me what I need today. I am grateful for the roof over our heads. I am grateful for my loved ones that surround me. I am in the moment; serene and peaceful.The Upshot
Being in the present tense is so important for your growth as an individual. A daily journal entry will help you to achieve this. Sit with your feelings in the here and now and try to remain positive. Own each feeling as you reflect on it, even if it is a messy one. Feel empowered knowing that the Higher Power you believe in is working with you to achieve your goals. A daily reminder to be grateful will be highly beneficial for your personal growth and mental health.
Do you agree? Do you have anything to add to this discussion? What is helping you to get through Lockdown 2020?
P.S Did you enjoy reading this blog? Do you need help creating click-worthy content for your website? I can write blogs on many topics including digital marketing, finance and lifestyle. Contact me today for a FREE no obligation consultation!